Answered By: Jason Steidl Last Updated: Sep 19, 2016 Views: 787
You can reserve your advising appointment time(s) beginning 9 days prior to the first day of your face-to-face residency (Exception: PhD Psychology students attending BAYR residencies).
Follow the instructions in your residency registration confirmation email to schedule your face-to-face advising appointment(s) for the days/times you will be at the residency. Appointment times are listed in the local time zone of the residency location. Advising meeting locations for face-to-face residencies will be posted in the Residency App.
Plan to get the most out of your advising appointments by bringing your plan of study, your resume/vita, your research and/or library questions, etc.
You may also schedule your appointment by following the steps below.
1. Go to the Academics tab of your myWalden portal.
2. Click on Schedule an Appointment underneath the column heading Research and Resources.
3. Beneath the Residency area, select your Degree level. You may have to use the scroll bar to reach your residency program on the list.
Please note: Even if you wish to speak to an Academic Advisor at the residency, you will need to select the Residency schedule – not the Academic Advising schedule – as those faculty and staff present at the residency will have their open appointments in this area of the reservation system.
4. Select Make Appointment.
5. Select your appointment reason and hit continue.
6. For best results, leave the days and times as they default on the screen (All for day of week, start time 6:00AM and end time 9:00PM) and then select your Faculty or Advisor’s name from the list of available staff.
Please note: Leaving the weekday and time options open will help you find more available appointments.
7. Select Find Appointments to see a full listing of available times.
8. Click on the radio button next to the appointment slot that you would like.
9. Fill out the form.
Need more information? Contact Student Support (email@example.com).