Answered By: Jason Steidl Last Updated: Jun 10, 2016 Views: 2307
Students in self-register programs are able to self-register for courses using their myWalden portal. To do so, you will first need to log into your myWalden portal.
- Once you are logged into your portal, select the Student Services tab.
- Under the Registration and Degree Audit section, select the Register for Courses and/or View Degree Audit link.
- In the drop down menu of available terms, select the appropriate term for registration – review the Academic Calendar in the Student Handbook or learn how to contact an academic advisor for assistance in determining which term you need – and then hit Submit.
- On the next page, click the blue link that identifies your current program.
- This is your Degree Audit screen - scroll down to the link that says Register underneath the course of your choice.
- On the next page check the box for the course and hit Register. If there is more than one section of a course available, select whichever one is first available – they are all the same course, just different instructors who have likely not been assigned at the time you are registering.
- You should now be fully registered for the upcoming quarter.
Please note: The following page may ask you to confirm the dates of the course – if you get this message, make no adjustments to the dates and hit Submit Changes as the changes being made are to your account, not the course information.
- Your confirmation of the registration being successful is the course's appearance under the Future Courses section of your Academics page.
If you experience any difficulties in self-registering for your course or are unsure which course is next, please send an email to your academic advisor to request assistance with your registration.