Answered By: Rachel Willard Last Updated: May 02, 2017 Views: 5019
For students at the preproposal (premise and prospectus) stages of their writing process, the Writing Center provides one-to-one preproposal reviews as well as a preproposal starter kit to assist students with writing these documents. See more information on one-to-one reviews.
The Writing Center has several resources to assist students throughout their doctoral capstone writing process, including the Form and Style Review step in the approval process. Visit the Doctoral Capstone Form and Style site to view these valuable resources, including the archived webinars on writing each of the proposal and final chapters/sections to help draft a particular part of the capstone and the Walden Capstone Writing Community. This community is a peer community facilitated by the Walden form and style editors and is open to all Walden writers who have an approved prospectus or are further in their capstone writing process. View more information on the Capstone Writing Community
- The Academic Skills Center offers 6-week doctoral writing and revision workshops for students working on their preproposal (premise and prospectus), proposal, and postproposal (final) documents. Find more information regarding the doctoral writing workshops on the Academic Skills Center's website. Contact your academic advisor for more information regarding registration for these workshops. View this page to find your advisor’s contact information.
- Attend a Capstone Intensive retreat. View program-specific information and details about these intensive retreats.
- Download and follow the Center for Research Quality’s guides, rubrics, and checklists for your program.
- View the Center for Research Quality’s capstone tutorials on the Research Design and Analysis webpage.
- Visit the Doctoral Capstone Resources site to learn about the full range of services, support, and resources Walden offers at all stages of the doctoral capstone journey.
Would you like a current or future assignment to be reviewed by the Writing Center? If so please visit the Writing Center's Paper Review Website and make an appointment with us!
Do you have other general writing questions? E-mail the Writing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other questions about your doctoral capstone or the Form & Style review? E-mail the Dissertation Editors at email@example.com.
Want to peruse other writing resources? Go to the Writing Center’s homepage.