Answered By: Emily Dahlen Last Updated: May 03, 2016 Views: 2299
Quick Table Formatting Tips:
- Insert tables into the narrative as close to the text that introduces them as is practical.
- Tables must fit within specified margins.
- You can use landscape orientation to better fit tables within your draft.
- Use Times New Roman font and sentence case for any text. Font should be between 8 point and 12 point, based on space.
- Limit the use of lines, only using horizontal lines.
- Include the title "Table" and the number of the table above the table.
- Add a title for the table in italics and title case (capitalizing the first word, proper nouns, and the first word after any colons).
- Include information about where the table's information comes from after the word "Note." in italics.
For help on creating and formatting a table in Microsoft Word, view the MS Word Resources Website on Tables, Cells, and Figures and for further details, consult Microsoft’s Office Support.
Need additional help?
- For other MS Word questions, contact the Academic Skills Center’s Microsoft Word Support Team.
- For general writing or APA style help, contact the Walden Writing Center.
- For writing or help with APA style for proposals, dissertation, or doctoral studies, contact the Walden Writing Center Editors.