Answered By: Rachel Willard Last Updated: Jul 07, 2016 Views: 159
Prewriting is the process that you go through before beginning to type out your paper. Prewriting includes the following:
- Critical reading
- Choosing a topic
- Organizing your information
- Analyzing information before you begin to write your draft.
See the Writing Center's prewriting page for some tips on this process. The recorded webinar "Prewriting Techniques: Taking the First Steps" can also assist you in discovering ways to prewrite effectively.
- View the Academic Skills Center's critical reading page.
- See some tips on how to overcome writer’s block.
- Learn how to organize your information.
- View a page on brainstorming tips.
- See a definition and discussion of critical thinking.
Do you have other general writing questions? E-mail the Writing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other questions about your doctoral capstone or the Form & Style review? E-mail the Dissertation Editors at email@example.com.
Want to peruse other writing resources? Go to the Writing Center’s homepage.