Answered By: Emily Dahlen Last Updated: Sep 20, 2015 Views: 107
Writing and support courses are available through the Academic Skills Center. View the list of writing and support courses and descriptions for more information.
Support courses cover the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- APA Style
- Advanced Reading Strategies
- Evaluative Composition Skills
- Persuasive Composition Skills
- Critical Thinking and Logic
- Writing for Non-Native English Speakers
- Writing a Literature Review
- Succeeding on Academic and Professional Exams
- Effective Assignment Strategies
To register for any of these courses or learn about their availability and offerings, contact your Academic Advisor.
If you are not sure what WCSS course might be best for you, you can take either our self-assessment quiz (best for students who understand their own writing issues) or our diagnostic quiz (best for students who would like assistance in identifying their writing issues).
- Self-assessment quiz
- NOTE: This quiz is not validated. This quiz also relies on you knowing your own writing strengths and weaknesses.
- Diagnostic quiz
- NOTE: This quiz is not validated. We cannot guarantee that the identified topics are points of weakness, or that a course will result in improvement. This quiz is simply a tool for you in identifying potential areas of writing focus and your options for support.
For further questions about writing courses specifically, feel free to contact the WCSS Courses Team.
Do you have other general writing questions? E-mail the Writing Center.
Other questions about your doctoral capstone? E-mail the Editors.