Answered By: Emily Dahlen Last Updated: Apr 20, 2016 Views: 38289
Turnitin (TII) is a program that checks your paper against databases, websites, and other student papers for similarities. The Academic Skills Center's TII drop box does not save papers to the TII database; it provides a “safe” place to check for possible plagiarism and adjust citations.
To begin using the Academic Skills Center's TII drop box, take the following steps:
1. Make sure to review the Academic Skills Center's Website on Using the Turnitin Dropbox.
2. Head to the Academic Skills Center home page.
3. Click on the blue Turnitin button on the left side of the homepage.
4. Select the option that fits you:
- accessing Turnitin as a first time user of Turnitin
- accessing Turnitin as a returning user but new to Academic Skills TII
- accessing Turnitin as a returning user and familiar with Academic Skills and TII
5. Enter your MyWalden user name and password. This action will register you for the “class” and you will be direct to the drop boxes where you can submit your work.
6. After you have submitted your paper to TII, you’ll receive an e-mail when your paper is ready to review (up to an hour later).
For you to continue using the the Academic Skills Center's TII drop box we have set up six drop boxes. Although only one paper can be submitted per drop box per 24-hour period, there is no limitation on the number of times you can resubmit to a drop box.
Note: Longer papers (over 50 pages) will need to be viewed through TII 1, so pay attention to the prompt that offers to adjust the program for you.
Do you have other academic skills related questions? Ask the Academic Skills Center!