Answered By: Dina Bergren Last Updated: May 05, 2017 Views: 21
Since applying for higher education positions is a highly selective process, we advise you to communicate the following information to prospective employers who may not be familiar with Walden University:
- Walden is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
- We have esteemed faculty who are scholars and practitioners in their fields.
- Our students have the opportunity to interact with colleagues from all over the world in their online classrooms and through networking events; they gain a unique global perspective.
We recommend that you market your relevant work experience, publications, and doctoral research, in addition to your degree. Several activities that increase your marketability for higher ed positions include:
- networking on LinkedIn and through academic networking sites.
- active involvement in professional associations.
- submitting articles for publication and proposals for presenting at conferences.
It’s far more effective to connect with faculty and recruiters to market one’s qualifications through networking than simply relying on a resume or CV to make a first impression. Boost your higher ed job search success by visiting our one-stop Doctoral Resources page for webinars, resources, guidelines, and networking sites related to higher education careers. We also recommend reading articles on the Career Services Blog including Nine Tips from a Higher Ed Recruiter.
- How can I prepare for a job search in higher education/academia?
- How can I get help with my resume or curriculum vita (c.v.)?
- How do I find information on professional associations and networking?
Do you have other career-related questions? Ask Career Services!